Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Bulging Disk and Award Winning Pumpkin

This has been quite a week.  I have had a lot on my plate...coupon class to teach, scrapbooking class to teach, soccer game and practice and an all night unit meeting with my CTMH buddies plus of course my normal weekly commitments.  A week way too full!!

I guess the Lord just knows when you need a break.  The first thing to go was my favorite, our unit meeting at Yulonda's.  I was so sad that had to be rescheduled.  But oh well, I said, that is one less thing to do this week.

After soccer practice, on Tuesday evening the girls made their pumpkins for the school pumpkin contest.  That was so fun, we have never done that before and really enjoyed it.  They turned out good too!  I was very proud of their work.  And yes, it was their work.  I tried to help, they just wouldn't let me.  LOL.  We stayed up way to late though.  Here were the results of their efforts...

This one was Rian's.  A Minion from the movie Despicable Me.

This is Abbee's masterpiece.  She loves reading Junie B. Jones books and this is her Junie B. Jones pumpkin.
Wednesday morning when I woke up, I couldn't move without severe pain.  My upper back and neck seized up, not as bad as on previous occasions but still extremely painful.  Needless to say I was shut down and spent the day with ice packs and heat, then ice packs and heat, over and over...the good news is that since all I could do is sit I was able to start my blog.

Anyways today has been much the same, but I was able to get some meds and see the Dr.  So things are beginning to get better.  I had to cancel both classes I was set to teach and Abbee's soccer game was a forfeit.  So my schedule was made clear for me.  Hind sight, I sure am glad my unit meeting is getting rescheduled.  I would have been really sad to miss it completely.

It is funny how we get so wrapped up in our activities that we cannot even hold our heads up above the water.  A schedule like that plus the the stress I have been under is not a recipe for healthy living or for spiritual health, and until you are forced to slow down you don't even know it.  I can always sense the chaos and things spiraling out of control, but instead stopping I just try to manage it.  So I am thankful for this bulging disk.  I am thankful that the pain is subsiding some.  I am thankful for moments to just sit an reflect.  I am thankful for time to sit and watch the kids.  I am thankful for having to stop.  I am thankful for time to make pumpkins with the girls.  I am thankful to be able to clear my head and just listen to the Lord.

BTW...Rian won second with her Minion pumpkin.  Way to go sis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment